24 September 2013

A heap of scraps....






Just a quick little post to share a pretty cushion that I have made using some lovely Stof gingham and Tilda scraps.  I'm rather pleased with it and it's found a new home on my sofa, although as you can imagine no-one is allowed to use it...tee hee!! If you would like to make something similar, I've done a little tutorial on how I made the scrappy heart applique, which you can find HERE.

I hope that you are having a fabulous week and enjoying the sunshine, what a surprise after the Autumnal weather.  All is good here, but I have a poorly Jamie who has swollen glands and tonsils, a temperature and a rather nasty cough, bless him.  Luckily he is a good patient and as you can see, lots of craftyness is still going on!

Before I go though, I must also share these gorgeous ribbons that have just arrived, these ones are by May Arts and are just so bright and cheery, you can find them here.


and these scrumptious ones are by Farbenmix......oh I have great plans for some of these!!!!!  You can find them listed here.

Right, must dash I'm off to give another dose of Calpol (what would you do without Calpol!!)





2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words. I love your cushion - that curved edge on the heart must've been tricky to hem so neatly, but it's flawless! And those ribbons are lush. I love the way they come on a wooden spool.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillian, thank you for popping over. I must confess though, the edges on the heart on this occasion are raw edged for speed and to make it nice and easy to make. I think if I were to hem them, I would definitely do it by hand and turn the fabric with my needle as I went, humm maybe next time. Have a great time at Yarndale, oh so wish I could go too, although probably good for my purse that I am not!! Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo