26 November 2013

Three P's


This week has all been about Party Prep and a little Patchwork.


My first completed project of the week was this Pinwheel cushion, which I gave you a sneeky peek of HERE.
I just love these Japanese Sevenberry fabrics, the prints are so pretty and it has to be said, very Liberty-ish, don't you think?   It was only after I completed the cushion that I realised that the centre pinwheel had gone slightly array....grrrr why didn't I notice and even more annoying, why did I have to put it right in the middle!!!  Oh well....deep breath, I know it really doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things!!


Poppy's party preparations have been going well.  It has to be said, I did get slightly carried away making felt bows, I'm going to pop one in each of the party bags and use the remainder as little prizes for some of the party games.  All that I need to do with these now, is to glue them to some ribbon covered alligator clips and then they'll be finished.



I also made Poppy a party rosette, a bit of annual tradition and for each of the party goers, a little 'Bitty Bloom' flower brooch.  My tutorial and templates for the brooches is HERE and to make Poppy's rosette, I stitched the Bitty Bloom to a circle of fabric and felt and added an extra sprinkling of buttons, ribbons and lace. Next job, to sew a party dress, but more of that next time.


Continuing on with the P theme and to finish, I discovered this the other evening after Jamie had gone to bed.....can you tell that he loves planes.....



Poppy meanwhile, has been practising being a pretty Pixie (check out the Pyjamas underneath!) 


They do make me smile!


Share:

10 comments

  1. Hi Sarah
    That is just the cutest photo ! Wouldn't you love to be able to dress up as a pixie too ? I know I would.
    Perfect party pretties - there's more p's.
    Have fun
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,,,yes most definitely, I would love to dress up as a pixie!! Have a lovely week Sarah xo

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous party makes! I really love those pretty felt bows.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marianne, I'm have such fun!! I quite fancy making a slightly larger bow as a brooch for me...watch this space Sarah xo

      Delete
  3. Beautiful makes and I love the pixie :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Anne, I hope you had a good weekend!! Sarah xo

      Delete
  4. Ahh, I sense a kindred spirit with children's parties! I just love all your party prep, the keepsakes, the fabrics are lovely! And those felt bows, oh just too cute! Chrissie x PS I honestly didn't know what problem you had with the patchwork, it took me three times scrolling through each photo til I noticed the misalignment...so it's not as bad as you think! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I LOVE the party prep and I haven't mentioned, but we're having a Christmas party for our friends in December so I've got that one to plan for too :) Thank you for your comments on the patchwork....I get super critical of my own sewing and always spot anything that is not tickity boo!! Have a great week Chrissie. Sarah xo

      Delete
  5. Do you know, if you hadn't pointed out that (tiny!) flaw in your cushion I don't think I would even have noticed. I was too busy admiring the pattern and those gorgeous japanese fabrics. Can I just say that your rainbow felt bows are genius. I was going to glue-gun some crocheted flowers to hair grips for some party bag favours (my daughter is 7 in December) but your idea looks a lot quicker and is just as effective. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian...the bows are so quick to make...give them a go!!! Looking firward ti the glue gun bit, but I get in a terrible mess. Have a good weekend! Sarah xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig