29 March 2014

Saturday Shop News

I thought I would start a new weekly post where I share my favourite picks from this weeks new arrivals...be warned there's a colourful mix of fabric, buttons, ribbons and trims coming up!!

First up, we had 5 new Kona Cottons arrive, including 3 new skin tones perfect for Doll Making.  If you haven't worked with Kona Cottons before they are simply gorgeous to use.  We currently have 15 colours available which we have cherry picked to co-ordinate with our most popular patterned cottons, with more on their way.

Dusty Blue Essex Linen also joined the ranks. I love these shades and I am particularly drawn to Rose, I think it's a grown up pink with it's browny tones....can you imagine a Diplomat tunic made in it for the summer, oh yes, now there's an idea!

We also had 8 shades of cotton webbing delivered.  This is what I used for the bag handles on Poppy's ballet bag, it would also be perfect for (posh) apron ties, making key fobs oh and I've also used it for a little clutch handle....but more of that next week it's a birthday present which hasn't be opened yet!
My favourite new arrival was these fabulous large wooden star buttons.   Dare I mention (whispers) Christmas, but I know these are going to feature in my festive makes for sure!
Talking of buttons, mum (Penny) has been busy creating some new mixes in both our small  and and mini size buttons.
We've also been working on a new selection of our popular Bundle Bags...if you've not seen these before, each one combines a perfectly co-ordinating mix of fabrics, fabulous felt, gorgeous ribbon, scrummy buttons, and colour twine.

That's it for this week, but there are lots more goodies are due in and you should see all the fabric we have on order for the next few weeks and months...very exciting!! 


3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful quality fabrics Sarah, and those buttons are adorable - all of them! You and your Mum are doing a grand job together, well done, and I wish postage costs weren't so high between our countries for I am so tempted! Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mum, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Sarah. As Joy said beautiful fabrics. Also Happy Mother's Day to you both. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those tiny buttons, they are so cute!!!! I hope that everything is very popular, because it is all so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo