26 April 2014

Saturday Shop News

Spring has definitely sprung at Pretty Fabrics and Trims..............

First to arrive this week was a box full to brimming with gorgeous Riley Blake fabrics.  I just love the ditsy floral prints from the Unforgettable collection and I can not tell you how much I want to make a quilt binding using one of those diagonal stripes....oh let me at them!!!! I've also fallen back in love with yellow....have you noticed just how much yellow in varying shades there is about this year?

Following the floral theme, we had our first batch of Vintage Modern, designed by Lori Holt from Bee in my Bonnet blog fame....if you haven't visited her blog you really must, if nothing else to admire her pink sewing machine.  She generously offers lots of top tips when it comes to quilting and patchwork, some of which I have found so very useful when working on my Farmers Wifes Quilt.  Fingers crossed, we should have more from this collection arriving next week....
  
My heart did skip a beat (it really did!!) when I opened our next delivery containing the most pretty miniature florals by Sevenberry....... 


........ are they not just the prettiest.... I am thinking summer tunics, mini quilts, little zipped pouches, bags..... and in true Blue Peter style ( I know I'm showing my age!) here's one I made earlier.... oh and I've not forgotten, I promise to sort out a tote bag tutorial very soon.....

In addition to the florals, we also received some miniature strawberry and cherry prints..... I've shown them here with the Sevenberry Pin Dot... personally I'm always drawn to strawberry prints and this one is extra sweet with the addition of the little strawberry flowers...

To finish, I've been out in Mum's garden photographing her Crab Apple tree which is in full bloom...looking back through by protographs, it's a good couple of weeks earlier than last year.  Here's a little mood board inspired by it's delicate blossom......

I hope that you have a lovely weekend!


8 comments:

  1. Hi there, just catching up! Good to see this weeks Saturday selection! It is a great way to share what you have that is new in. Lovely to see all the great Eastery things that you shared in your last post too - looks as though you had a great time. Hope that you are having a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Every Fabric You show us Every time. For sure It Is spring in your blog
    Miss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you've shown us a fabric yet that I haven't loved Sarah, and your selection today is no exception; absolutely wonderful! And I do believe I may be starting to rather fancy some of the yellow shades again too! Love the little bag you made for Poppy, and also your lovely Easter post last time which I must have missed whilst trying to catch up on everything and everybody! Happy Sunday to you, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm swooning! Those vintage florals...the Sevenberry...and the strawberries! Those little blossoms! I must think of something to make with that fabric...all of it (or perhaps just buy fat quarters and pin them to the wall?). ;-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sarah. It's been said already I think that all the fabrics you show us are fabulous! It's impossible for me to choose between them. I would really love to have them all to just sit and admire them :-) Hope you and family are having a lovely weekend. My DH and I had a lovely dinner at my son's last night. It is his birthday tomorrow - a work :-( day for him. Our granddaughters aged 4 & 6 put on a concert they were so cute. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Sarah ..... so many beauties ..... all of which are gorgeous but WOW I just LOVE the sevenberry!
    Your mum's tree is mind blowing.
    Happy Sunday
    love Jooles x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo many gorgeous things Sarah !
    Have a good week
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh - so much gorgeousness in one place! Those Sevenberry ones are unbelievably sweet! xCathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo