5 July 2014

Saturday Shop News

I'm starting this weeks shop news with possibly the most appropriately named collection ever..........
Hootie Tootie Cutie.......how sweet is that!  Featuring small scale owls (each one is just 3cm high) and the most luscious colour scheme including Pantone's colour of the year Radiant Orchid.  Poppy has a friends birthday coming up soon and it's crossed my mind how lovely the blue owl and one of the speckles blender fabrics would be for a pencil case.  Obviously I have hidden them out of sight so that Poppy doesn't get any ideas for a new dress, skirt or shorts.... but secretly I'm thinking, oh yes let me at them! 


With being away last week, I forgot to share this lovely selection of 1930's fabrics.  Called 'Storybook Classics' by Windham Fabrics you'll find some characters from some of your childhood bedtime stories..... Alice in Winderland, Three Little Bears, Old Mother Hubbard....including her dog who has a fabric dedicated all to himself called 'Give a dog a bone' plus trademark 30's florals..... it goes without saying that  I love love love these!!! Designed by Whistler Studio's they co-ordinate perfectly with 'Storybook Playtime' and indeed all our 30's repro fabrics.



On the pretty trims front, we had some really sweet new ones arrive from Berisfords, plus some lovely rustic stitched ribbons..... we do love ribbons and now have in the region of 500 different ribbons available! 


Back to fabric, we had our first delivery of Moda fabric this week, with more collections due in the coming months.  This one is called Winter Wonderland and it's a bit of a favourite of mine as I used it for my Jolly Mini Quilt that I designed for Fat Quarterly.  
 The collection includes a lovely panel, which could make the most lovely centre of a festive quilt or as I've got planned cut up and used individually for a variety of smaller projects....watch this space!


The first of our Christmas ribbons arrived this week, the green and red Holly and Ivy design were extremely popular last year, so we added the grey version along with 3 other co-ordinating designs. 



That's it for this week, I hope that you have a lovely crafty weekend and I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my previous posts, I really do appreciate them!

6 comments:

  1. I love the 30's style fabrics and the Christmassy ones as well!! So much yummy goodness! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabrics and ribbons. I'm going to use Christmas ribbons to make decorations this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful Sarah: those little owls are fab, the storybook classics - well - I love love love them too, and on top of that you show us those gorgeous ribbons and Merry Christmas range - have you no mercy! Happy Sunday, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooh I LOVE those Storybook classics ..... divne!
    Happy Sunday x
    love Jooles x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, Sarah! Your shop looks lovely, I will be over for a proper visit very soon!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant name!
    Am loving those 30s fabrics Sarah, have a thing about them! So pretty! Bought some only recently, but when I need (want!) more, I'll know where to come!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo