13 September 2014

Saturday Shop News

Well our holiday seems a long distant memory and we've almost settled back down in to our usual routine.  It's been extremely busy at Pretty Fabrics and Trims since we got back, which is just fabulous, thank you!  We've also had lots of new arrivals, so go grab a cup of tea or coffee and make your self comfy............ ready...... ok lets go!

First up is the beautiful new 'Fly Away' collection from Dashwood Studio.  Designed by Phyllida Coroneo, she says that Fly Away is inspired by cross stitch and embroidery and depicts wildflower meadows, sprinkled with daisies, cuckoo flowers, clover and grasses swaying under cornflower blue skies......how lovely is that!  

Not a brand new collection as such, however, we've been after some lovely crosshatches for the website and were delighted to get hold of some Architextures by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman.  Perfect for using on their own, these also make an interesting alternative to a solid fabric.  The grey and lake (the pale blue) also make great low volume choices! 
Poppy's favourite new arrival are these pretty fabrics from Riley Blake.  Perfectly named 'Butterfly Dance'  they features sweet little fairies, flowers and of course butterflies in abundance and in various shades of pink, it really is a 7 year olds dream collection!
On the other hand I love 'Raspberry Parlour' also by Riley Blake.  Have I told you that red is my favourite colour, and this for me is the best shade of red ever.  I love all the florals of course, but I'm very drawn to the geometric print that we have in both pink and red and with the addition of the swiss dot in red (another great low volume print) this collection really is lovely!
On what had already been great week for fabric deliveries, there were great gasps of delight when we opened up the box containing the new Autumn additions to the forever popular Aunt Grace Miniatures collection.  There has been rework of the pretty floral, plus there's a lovely basket weave.....oh let me at them!
Now lets talk Tilda...... Tilda will always hold something special for Pretty Fabrics and Trims.  Back in Spring 2012, Tilda fabrics were the only fabrics that we stocked and they helped launch us to where we are now.  We always look forward to their half yearly collection releases and this Autumn they have absolutely come up trumps.  As always the new collections work in together in harmony and can of course be used with the previous collections.  We'll have some super new bundles appearing on the website very soon!

In the meanwhile you can find 'Tiny Treasures' here...
 and 'Happiness is Homemade' here.....
Look away now if you're not ready for "whispers" Christmas..........





One of our most popular Christmas collections has been the sweet 'Christmas Wish' collection from Dashwood Studio's, so whilst restocking the very popular Advent Calendar Panels and Snowflake prints we also added the sweet Gingerbread and floral prints from the collection, plus Flurry in Poppy Red....... Poppy as you can imagine has already envisaged herself twirling in a dress made in that floral, but it has to be said so can I!
On the ribbon front, we've added over 20 new Christmas themed ribbons, plus we've done a HUGE restock of Rusty Tin Bells, which are already jingling there way out in many parcels of loveliness so grab some while you can!
With all the Christmassy themed parcels leaving this week, it seemed the perfect time to open our 2014 Christmas Shop where we have placed all our Christmas goodies conveniently in one place.

That it for this weeks new arrivals, but just to let you know, we're having an Art Gallery Fabrics flash sale this weekend, find all the fabrics included here..... 

 Finally, we've also been doing some work behind the scenes on the website, to make easier to use.  Amongst other things, we've added a lovely drop down menu so that you can navigate the shop quicker, plus there's a sticky top menu making it easier to use on a mobile device.  Let us know what you think!

I really hope to get back up to speed with my blog posts and catch up with you all.   I have so many pretty summer makes to share, but in the meanwhile I hope that you have a lovely crafty weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Nice to visit your fabric heaven!! What beautiful new fabrics you have in store. I don't want to think about Christmas just yet, but I guess if you're making things, you have to plan ahead. I think the only thing I'll be making this year is a new Christmas stocking for a family member. Loved your holiday photos btw ... such pretty shots of the seashore. Enjoy your weekend! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Om my !!!!! such beautiful selection of fabrics!!!! And the Christmas related stuff ….. made me so happy!!!! xxxxx, Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new collections all round! I know I'm supposed to have a sewing pattern and find fabric for it, but with you I'm constantly seeing fabric and wondering what pattern I could find for each! I'm off to the Christmas Store section of your site now, get my ideas going...Chrissie x ps LOVE your contribution to the latest Hoop-la magazine, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah,
    Just left you a comment about your crochet cowl, it's amazing!!!!
    Wow, you sell fabrics, these are beautiful! :)
    Have a good week!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those prints and fabrics you got there look absolutely gorgeous! No wonder your shop is doing extremely well. I find myself supremely attracted to the Architextures line. I'm definitely sharing your post with some of my friends who love fabrics. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures! More power to you and your shop!

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo