12 October 2018

Introducing the 'Warm and Cozy Mini Quilt' FREE Pattern





Autumn is my favourite season......it's the colours, the slight nip in the air and of course the restart  after it's summer break, of our cake and hot chocolate family tradition on a Sunday afternoon.  I love that as the evenings close in, you can lock the door, draw the curtains and light a candle (or two!) all before supper.  Rugby season is upon us, so the Sunday roast has made a return and the slow cooker has been producing comfort casseroles..... food in our house is definitely linked to the seasons.

When I started to design this mini quilt, I brainstormed everything that I love about Autumn and then attempted to encapsulate it all within two words......Warm and Cozy summed it up for me.

As I mentioned last week, as a little thank you to you, I'll be sharing this Mini Quilt as a FREE pattern here on the blog on the 24th October, but today, I thought I would share some close ups.  As you would expect, I've included a range of different techniques.....English Paper Piecing.....
Embroidery, Machine Piecing and Applique

I'll be sharing a separate 'a little happy' tutorial about the needle turn applique method that I used next week.....although feel free to use the method of your choice!


I have been wanting to include Prairie Points on a quit for some time now...they're so easy, but aren't they the cutest thing ever!
As you can see, I used a real scrappy mix of autumnal shades including lots of lovely Liberty quilting weight cotton fabrics, plus a mix of others from the 'workshop' stash.  As always, mum and I (well mum really... ) have put together some kits, that include everything* that you need to make  a mini quilt just like mine, which you can find on the website HERE.  

*All that you will need to add, is the threads and your choice of applique notions.

It goes without saying that this project would be another great scrap buster, so feel free to empty those scrap bins and sew along!

I hope that you love it as much as I do!  That's it for now, I hope that you have a lovely weekend full of happy stitches and I'll be back next week to share the applique tutorial next week... see you then!

Share:

10 comments

  1. Sarah, this is adorable! I love all things scrappy and would love to follow along to make this mini with your tutorial. I have yet to use needle-turn applique! Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I've just published a needle turn 'a little happy' tutorial.... hopefully it will help! http://alittlehappyplace.blogspot.com/2018/10/a-little-happy-tutorial-needle-turn.html Sarah xo

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to make this! Thanks for making this a free pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, I love it! Really would like to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I hope you enjoy making yours! xo

      Delete
  5. This is absolutely adorable Sarah! Just love it! Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig