17 April 2016

Lovely Little Patchwork ~ Back to School Pencil Pouch

Having worked yesterday, I had today all mapped out..... sewing, sewing and a little more sewing.  Obviously I was in cloud cuckoo land when I'd had that thought........I didn't factor in food shopping, a little housework and the sun was shinning so I hit the garden for a couple of hours.  When I finally made it to the sewing room this afternoon, I needed a quick fix.  My project of choice was the Back to School Pencil Pouch from Kerri Horsley fantastic new book Lovely Little Patchwork (you can find it on the website here)  Seriously there isn't one project within its pretty cover that I do not want to make!!!  I've been stitching some half inch hexies over a couple of evenings this week in readiness......

..... and with those all stitched and appliqued the pouch came together really quickly.  Using a lace zipper from the shop mean't even putting in the zip was a dream......
 I used fabrics from the this month Flirty 30's Club for the hexies and the pretty pink dot is from the Essential Dots collection by Moda, which I teamed with Essex Linen in Natural.  The hand quilting was done in gorgeous Pink Aurifil 12wt.

So the title of this project is the Back to School Pencil Pouch...let me me tell you though, this one is mine all mine and will absolutely not be setting foot anywhere near a school..... evil laugh!
As I said earlier, this is just the first of many makes from this book that I have planned and I really do give it a HUGE thumbs up!

I know I said last time I had another finish to share, well all will be revealed on Wednesday, when it is my turn on The Strawberry Biscuit Blog Hop being hosted by the fabulous designer extraordinaire Elea Lutz and Penny Rose Fabrics.

The Blog Hop will run for two weeks with an amazing array of talented designers (and me) sharing what they have been making with Elea's beautiful fabric.  It kicks of tomorrow with Karen at Creamcraft Goods and Sedef at Down Grapevine Lane, so please do hop along with me.

I hope that you had a lovely weekend! See you soon.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig