27 March 2017

Happy Flower Quilt-A-long Week 4


As you know from my grand plan in week 1, I'm not making the pieced blocks for the Happy Flower Quilt-A-Long so I feel a bit of a fraud calling this weeks block 'a block' as all I had to do was choose just one fabric for a fussy cut block.  There was no appliqued block this week.  I've been loosely following the colours in the original quilt, so for my first 'fussy cut' block I chose a pretty floral from Lecien Flower Sugar collection.  It's quite a large scale print, so I do think it is a good opportunity to show it off!

I used 3 Sisters Pink for the sashing, which it is, my intention to use for all the blocks.  Unfortunately as I type, we are currently out of stock (sorry!!), we had lots of orders for it back in week 1 and we're currently awaiting a big restock.  Normally this happens quite quickly, but I've been advised that Moda are also awaiting a big restock...eeeeek!  I will of course let you know as soon as it arrives.

In the meanwhile, I thought it would be nice to see the four blocks I have made so far together.

Next week, I'll be back to an applique block, which is a particularly nice one..can't wait!  The hashtag for social media is #happyflowerqal ...if you fancy a peek!

Happy stitches!
Share:

1 comment

  1. Can you tell me what fabric line you used on the one you are hand quilting? It looks like little plus signs��

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig