9 April 2020

EASTER HOLIDAYS















That's it, website parcels are posted and I'm declaring it Easter holidays. I'm off in to the garden with a cup of tea and a slice of banana loaf that Poppy made yesterday. (Don't worry, we will still be posting block of the month parcels as normal).  Andy finishes work today, he had already booked leave for next week before all the Coronavirus situation hit.  We decided to keep his holiday booked and although we had planned on family days out, we will just enjoy family days at home instead.

The garden is desperately in need of some TLC.  I did cut back the roses and do a quick tidy up of the beds about a month ago, but I'm looking forward to spending a bit of time out there over the weekend.  Hasn't the weather been glorious this last week, we've had the French doors open and Pepper has been coming in and out, she's loving it.   In the corner my Viburnum plant is in full flower, it smells absolutely beautiful.  Growing through it, is a pretty Clematis, that flowers for about 2 weeks, that's all, but it so pretty and reminds me of little hats that a garden fairy might wear.  I've also spotted a bud on one of my climbing roses!  I bought some salad leaf and tomato seeds before the lock down, so I'm hoping to get some of those planted over the weekend.  I'm going to put them in pots eventually as I am sure Pepper will not be able to resist!

On the stitchy front, I've been enjoying adding to my #sewalittlehappinesseveryday sampler and I'm very nearly there with my Floral Alphabet Sampler.  As a reward, I've been designing a new quilt...Sarah's Sampler.  This will be a new Block of the Month this Autumn, but as it is mostly applique and English Paper Piecing, it will obviously take me some time!

Anyway, just a quick post today to say hello and to wish you all a Happy Easter.  It will certainly be one that we remember and although it is not the one that we hoped for,  even so, we're going to try and make some happy memories.

Wishing you all the very best of heath and happy stitches.

Sarah xo 

Share:

3 comments

  1. Happy Easter to you too. Wishing you a lovely week of chocolate and good family memories. Stay safe. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and your family, enjoy your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! Thanks for sharing the loveliness!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig